LANCASTER – Much like the City of Cornwall, South Glengarry is closing its recreational facilities for three weeks to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
The places that will be closed from Monday, March 16 to Monday, April 6 are:
- Char-Lan Recreation Center
- Martintown Community Center
- Green Valley Community Center
- North Lancaster Community Center
- The Paul Rozon Park building
- The Jack Danaher Park building
March break programming at Char-Lan and the business awards gala are cancelled.
The municipal office at 6 Oak Street in Lancaster remains open.
The municipality notes that there have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 locally and the risk of contracting coronavirus in South Glengarry remains low.