CORNWALL – With hundreds going to and leaving Lamoureux Park tonight (Monday) for Canada Day fireworks, Cornwall police have put detours in place for drivers.
The following list of detours start at 9:45 p.m.:
- Eastbound traffic on Water Street West will be re-directed north on York Street.
- Southbound traffic on Augustus Street will be re-directed west on Water Street West.
- Southbound traffic on Pitt Street will re-directed west on Water Street.
- Northbound traffic from the Civic Complex will be able to continue north or turn right and go east. No left turn onto Water Street East.
- Southbound traffic from the Cornwall Square will not be permitted.
- Westbound traffic on Water Street East will be re-directed north on Sydney Street.
- Westbound traffic on Water Street East will be re-directed north on Adolphus Street.
The detours are meant to separate traffic from people on foot as much as possible to prevent any collisions.
The fireworks are scheduled to start at 10 p.m.