Dryer fire on Hamilton Crescent in Cornwall

(Newswatch Group/File)

CORNWALL – Firefighters had to snuff out a dryer fire overnight in the Glenview Heights social housing subdivision.

Cornwall fire and paramedics were called to the 600 block of Hamilton Crescent around 1:20 a.m. Tuesday where a basement clothes dryer was on fire in one of the units in the row house complex.

Firefighters were able to make entry and contain the fire within the dryer within 10 minutes.

The building had to be vented using fans.

A woman at the scene was looked over by paramedics and then taken to hospital for possible smoke inhalation.

The extent of the damage to the unit was not immediately available.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply