Kitchen fire at Cornwall McDonald’s

CORNWALL – Some well-prepared staff at a Cornwall McDonald’s were able to get the upper hand on a kitchen fire Thursday afternoon.

City firefighters were called to the restaurant at Brookdale Avenue and Thirteenth Street West just after 4:30 p.m.

Restaurant Manager Nam Ha tells Cornwall Newswatch the grill fire created a lot of smoke in the kitchen but their fire suppression equipment kicked in plus employees were able to snuff out the flames with fire extinguishers before fire crews got there.

Ha says people in the restaurant were evacuated without any problems.

He says, fortunately, the restaurant wasn’t full of patrons as the fire started before their 5 p.m. rush.

There were no injuries.

Firefighters wrapped up their case by 5 p.m.

The restaurant was closed for the evening for cleanup. It’s not known when the location will reopen.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply