CORNWALL – The man behind many community functions including the Cornwall Santa Claus Parade and Ribfest has been named the 2020 Citizen of the Year.
Terry Muir was given the honour Saturday night at the annual Cornwall Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards.
“Terry Muir is an example to us all and is representative of Cornwall’s generous spirit,” said chamber President Shannon Lebrun.
Muir is also a Governor General’s Sovereign Medal for Volunteers recipient and was named Optimist of the Year.
Congratulations Terry…who lovingly thanked Wendy! Citizen of the Year! pic.twitter.com/KGGpYRzc31
— Bernadette Clement (@BernadetteClem) February 23, 2020
The following are the nine recipients of the business awards:
- Breakthrough Award – Win This Space
- Small Business of the Year – Glengarry Fine Cheese
- Business of the Year – Cornwall Nissan
- Economic Impact – Leclerc Group
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Fairy Sweet
- Lifetime Business Achievement – Riley’s Bakery
- Tourism Excellence – Beer, Bourbon, BBQ and Blues Festival
- Young Professional – Cotton Mill Rehab
- Above & Beyond Award – Jordan and Chris O’Brien owners of FreshCo
Over 220 people were at the Cornwall Civic Complex for the dinner and awards celebration.