SD&G – The provincial government has selected nine locations in SD&G for possible “LCBO Convenience Outlets,” allowing for greater access to liquor and beer.
The new locations, identified as under serviced areas, would allow another economic opportunity for retailers while giving other venue for local craft brewers and wineries, Ontario Finance Minister Vic Fedeli announced today.
In SD&G, these are the nine chosen locations:
- Apple Hill – Hughie Munro Street and County Road 20
- Glen Robertson – Glen Robertson Road and County Road 23
- Glen Walter – Rae Road and County Road 2
- Green Valley – Concession Road 8 and Main Street
- Ingleside – County Road 14 and College Street
- Morewood – County Road 13 and Moffat Street
- Newington – Main Street and Helmer Road
- Rosedale Terrace – County Road 44 (Headline Road) and Highway 138
- Williamstown – John Street and County Road 19
The nine in SD&G are among 200 “underserved” locations announced today.
The Liquor Control Board of Ontario will be putting out a request for proposals for possible retailers in those areas to also run so-called “LCBO Convenience Outlets” in conjunction with their existing business.
The government says the majority of them will be open by the end of the year with 60 open as early as August.
Eighty-seven more grocery stores will be selected this summer through a lottery to sell wine, beer and cider.