SD&G – With the Christmas holidays upon us you’ll find many services will be shut down over Christmas and Boxing Day. Here’s a list of closures:
- Post offices will be closed Dec. 25 and Dec. 26. There will no mail delivery both days.
- Banks and government offices are closed Dec. 25 and 26.
- Retail stores are closed Dec. 25 (under the Retail Business Holidays Act) with the exception of gas stations, small magazine stores and small pharmacies (less than 7,500 square feet).
- LCBO stores will close at 6 p.m. Dec. 24 and will be closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Some LCBO agency stores will have modified hours but will be closed Christmas Day.
- The Beer Store locations will close at 6 p.m. Dec. 24 and will be closed Christmas Day. The Sydney Street store will be open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Boxing Day.
- City offices are closed from Dec. 21 at 12 p.m. until Jan. 2. For municipal works matters, call 613-932-5354.
- No garbage or recycling collection on Dec. 25. Garbage normally collected on Tuesday will be collected on Wednesday. Collection days for the remainder of the week are pushed back one day.
- Cornwall Transit is not running Dec. 25 and 26. Bus service ends at 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- The Aquatic Center closes at 12 p.m. on Dec. 24 and is closed Dec. 25. It will be open Dec. 26 at 2 p.m. for a leisure swim.
- The Benson Center and the Civic Complex are closed at 12 p.m. on Dec. 24 and all day Dec. 25. The Civic Complex box office is closed until Jan. 2 at 8:30 a.m.
- The Cornwall Public Library is closed Dec. 24-26.
- Cornwall Square closes at 5 p.m. on Dec. 24 until 9:30 a.m. on Dec. 26.
- The town hall is closed from 12 p.m. Dec. 24 until 8:30 a.m. on Jan. 2
- No recycling and garbage pickup on Dec. 25. Garbage normally collected on Tuesday will be picked up on Wednesday. The rest of the week’s pickup is pushed back one day.
- The landfill is closed Christmas Day.
- The municipal office is closed Dec. 24 to Jan. 1.
- All recreation programs are cancelled from Dec. 24 until Jan. 3.
- No garbage/recycling pickup on Christmas Day. It will be picked up the following day (Dec. 26). Friday’s garbage will be picked up on Saturday this week.
- Disposal sites: Both sites, Williamsburg and Matilda, are closed Dec. 25-26.
- The municipal office is closed from 12 p.m. Dec. 24 until Jan. 2 at 8:30 a.m.
- Garbage and recycling pickup normally on Dec. 25 (Route #2) will be picked up Dec. 26. All other routes are unchanged
- The Boyne Road landfill is closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- The North Stormont municipal office closes at 12 p.m. on Dec. 24 and will reopen on Jan. 2 at 8:30 a.m.
- Garbage and recycling normally picked up Tuesday (Dec. 25) is being picked up Dec. 24.
- The township office is closed at 12 p.m. Dec. 24 and will reopen at 8 a.m. on Jan. 2.
- Garbage and recycling collection, normally done on Tuesday (Christmas Day) are moved a day earlier to Dec. 24. All other pickups are unchanged.
- The municipal office will close at 12 p.m. on Dec. 24 and will reopen at 8:30 a.m. on Jan 2.
- Garbage and recycling collection will be delayed one day with Tuesday collection (Christmas Day) on Wednesday. The rest of the week’s collection will be delayed on day.
- For emergencies during the holidays, contact the following: Water/Waste Water Emergency 613-551-4457, Township Roads Emergency 613-930-3445, County Roads Emergency 613-930-3578.
- The county municipal office on Pitt Street in Cornwall will close Dec. 24 at 12 p.m. until Wednesday Jan. 2, 2016 at 8:30 a.m. Essential services continue uninterrupted.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas from all of us at Cornwall Newswatch.