SDSG – Not only are they riding neighbours, they will also be working together in the same ministry.
Local MPP Jim McDonell was named parliamentary assistant to the minister of municipal affairs and housing, shortly after Doug Ford was sworn in as premier this morning (Friday).
The 21-member cabinet – pared down from 28 ministers in the last government – named Brockville area MPP Steve Clark as the municipal affairs and housing minister.
Parliamentary assistants help ministers with legislative and committee matters, including special projects and assignments.
Vic Fedeli, the party’s interim leader, has been named finance minister – a portfolio he’s familiar with having been the finance critic in the previous administration.
Here is the rest of the new ministers:
- Peter Bethlenfalvy – President of the Treasury Board
- Raymond Cho – Minister for Seniors and Accessibility
- Christine Elliott – Minister of Health and Long-Term Care and Deputy Premier
- Doug Ford – Premier and Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Merrilee Fullerton – Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities
- Ernie Hardeman – Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Sylvia Jones – Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport
- Lisa MacLeod – Minister of Children, Community and Social Services and Minister Responsible for Women’s Issues
- Monte McNaughton – Minister of Infrastructure
- Caroline Mulroney – Attorney General and Minister Responsible for Francophone Affairs
- Rod Phillips – Minister of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
- Greg Rickford – Minister of Energy, Northern Development and Mines, and Minister of Indigenous Affairs
- Laurie Scott – Minister of Labour
- Todd Smith – Minister of Government and Consumer Services, and Government House Leader
- Lisa Thompson – Minister of Education
- Michael Tibollo – Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services
- Jim Wilson – Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade
- John Yakabuski – Minister of Transportation
- Jeff Yurek – Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry