Date(s) - 02/22/2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Glengarry Funeral Home
A free two-day art exhibit, open to all. From wine & cheese to coffee with artists, the 3rd annual opportunity to engage with 46 visual artists, a number of writers & a songstress at our usual unusual venue–a funeral home.
The Show. At Brent’s Place 2019 happening at Glengarry Funeral Home [580 Main St S, Alexandria.] Viewings are:
- Friday, 22 February: a grown-up evening with four large rooms of distinctive art. Wine & cheese with music & song stylings by Gracie “G-Sharp” Graham. Doors open at 6.
- Saturday, 23 February between 9 & 1, families are encouraged to view the almost 200 works – paintings, sculpture, clay, bronze & other metal. Come have coffee with the artists: find out what all the fuss is about.
Special this year
- We’re celebrating our writer members in two ways:
- Original one-page stories or poems distributed throughout the venue
- Drabbles, 50-word original pieces, testing writers’ abilities to express ideas in a very confined space.
- Seven guest artists, students taking part in programs at Community Living, will be exhibiting with us because art isfor everyone. A Collective member is their instructor. Also 10% of Collective sales go to Community Living.
What isGlengarry Artists’ Collective⎮Collectif d’artistes de Glengarry?
Founded in October 2016, The Collective is 94-members strong & growing, creating community-building programs.
Our third mural, fêting Alexandria’s 200thanniversary will be installed in spring. Two museum shows are scheduled in Williamstown and Dunvegan & other community projects will be unveiledshortly. Creative use of resources is one of our mantras.