SD&G – Trucking companies and drivers will have to lighten their load over the next couple of months.
Half load restrictions went into effect today (March 6) on county roads and some roads within the City of Cornwall in order to protect the road bed during the spring thaw.
Those city roads include:
- South Branch Road from Pitt Street to Boundary Road
- Cornwall Centre Road from Pitt Street to Highway 138
- Cornwall Centre Road from Brookdale Avenue to the municipal landfill entrance
- McConnell Avenue from South Branch Road to Highway 401
- Richmond Drive from Vincent Massey Drive, north to the city limit
- Boundary Road from South Branch Road to Highway 401
The half load season – which means trucks are limited to carrying five metric tons per axle – typically runs until around May 15.