GLEN WALTER – A Niagara Falls man is facing 16 charges after a run-in with SD&G O.P.P. and authorities in Quebec over the weekend.
SD&G O.P.P. found a car parked in the Glen Walter area around 4 a.m. Saturday, which police say was involved in an earlier interaction with Quebec Provincial Police.
When officers approached him, he tried to take off, smashing into two cruisers and assaulting two officers during the altercation. The man was eventually arrested.
Several eyewitnesses told Cornwall Newswatch a grey car was cordoned off with caution tape outside the Precious Blood Parish on County Road 2 in Glen Walter.
Both the accused and the officers were treated for minor injuries.
Joshua Tucker-Lauzon, 20, from Niagara Falls, Ont is charged with the following:
- Two counts of Fail to Comply with Probation Order
- Four counts of Fail to Comply with Recognizance
- Two counts of Assault with a Weapon
- Two counts of Assault with Intent to Resist Arrest
- One count of Operation While Prohibited
- One Dangerous Operation of A Motor Vehicle
- Two counts of Mischief
- One count of Operating a Motor Vehicle while Impaired
- One count of Driving While Under Suspension
He was held for a bail hearing in a Cornwall court.