The following is a news release from the Cornwall and District Chamber of Commerce on its annual awards banquet on Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018. The business awards included naming Rachelle Lamond the 2017 Citizen of the Year.
As the Cornwall Chamber of Commerce celebrated its 30th anniversary of the Business Excellence Awards, Rachelle Lamond was named the 2017 Citizen of the Year. A dedicated volunteer, Ms. Lamond has given selflessly of herself for over 25 years in working tirelessly for her community and making positive differences.
The distinguished affair saw a number of area businesses and individuals recognized for their outstanding contribution to the city, its growth and prosperity. With a classic James Bond theme, the glittering event unfolded before close to 250 guests at the NAV Centre.
The Business Awards included:
- Entrepreneur – Rachelle Lamoureux: Blooms
- Team Cornwall Ambassador: Roy Nichol
- Above and Beyond: Dr. Thorin Gault
- Young Professional: Nolan Quinn
- Small Business: Michelle Longtin & Denise Robertson
- Business: Olsonfab
- Tourism Excellence: Historic Walking Tour
- Economic Impact: Xplornet
- Breakthrough: Cornwall Innovation Centre
- Lifetime Business Achievement: Rick Shaver
- Dr. Garth Taylor Humanitarian: Fred & Bonnie Cappuccino
- Citizen of the Year: Rachelle Lamond
“The Business Excellence Awards is the Chamber’s most prestigious event,” declares Rory MacLennan, President. “This year is particularly outstanding because it is the 30th anniversary of the awards and I would like to offer my congratulations to all of the 2017 award winners.”
The Cornwall Chamber of Commerce in one of the oldest business associations in Ontario. Established in 1890, it has been the voice of the business community for close to 130 years.