CORNWALL – Lamoureux Park will be alive today (Sunday) with many activities for New Year’s Day which will also be kicking off celebrations for Canada’s 150th birthday.
Most of the activities, which include snowshoeing and a snowman competition, start at 2:30 p.m. and go until 8 p.m.
There’s also a toboggan hill for the kiddies and the young at heart.
The horse-drawn sleigh rides happen from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m.
Most of the events are free to the public.
Here’s a full list of the activities:
Kick Off (starting at 2:30 pm near children’s play area in Lamoureux Park)
- Opening ceremonies
- Official launch of 2017 Sesquicentennial celebrations with dignitaries
- Singing of O Canada
Activities (starting at 2:30 pm unless otherwise noted)
- Old time snowman competition
- Community tree decorating
- Sleigh rides through Lamoureux Park (from 4 pm to 8 pm)
- Toboggan pull race competition (various ages)
- Family Big Pull competition
- Snowball toss
- Community tree lights
- First Nations crafts
- Face painting
- Information booth
Food (At concession stand near splashpad, prices to be posted)
- Hot dogs and marshmallows
- MockTails pastry
- Hot and cold drinks
- Maple toffy at Cabane a sucre