SD&G – With the Christmas holidays upon us you’ll find many services will be shut down over Christmas and Boxing Day. Here’s a list of closures:
- Post offices will be closed on Friday Dec. 25 for Christmas Day and Monday Dec. 28 in observance of Boxing Day. There will no mail delivery both days.
- Banks and government offices are closed Dec. 25 and 28.
- Retail stores are closed Dec. 25 (under the Retail Business Holidays Act) with the exception of gas stations, small magazine stores and small pharmacies (less than 7,500 square feet).
- LCBO stores will close at 6 p.m. Dec. 24 and will be closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day. LCBO agency stores, such as Martintown, must close on Christmas Day. The Martintown agency store (KCee’s Video) is open Dec. 24 until 6 p.m. and Boxing Day 9 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- The Beer Store locations will close at 6 p.m. Dec. 24 and will be closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- City offices are closed from Dec. 24 at 12 p.m. until Jan. 4. For municipal works matters, call 613-932-5354.
- No garbage or recycling collection on Dec. 25. Garbage normally collected on Friday will be collected on Saturday.
- Cornwall Transit is not running Dec. 25 and 26. The last buses leave Pitt Street and Second Street at 6:15 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- The Aquatic Center closes at 12 p.m. on Dec. 24 and is closed Dec. 25. It will be open Dec. 26 at 2 p.m. for a leisure swim.
- The Benson Center and the Civic Complex are closed at 12 p.m. on Dec. 24 and all day Dec. 25. The Civic Complex box office is closed Dec. 24 to Jan. 4. with the exception of two hours prior to hockey games.
- The Cornwall Public Library is closed Dec. 24-26.
- Cornwall Square closes at 5 p.m. on Dec. 24 until 9:30 a.m. on Dec. 26.
- For medical care, the Pitt Street Clinic is closed Dec 24-27 and the McConnell Avenue clinic closed Dec 25-29.
- The town hall is closed from 12 p.m. Dec. 24 until 8:30 a.m. on Jan. 4
- No recycling and garbage pickup on Dec. 25. Garbage normally collected on Friday will be picked up Saturday.
- The landfill is closed Christmas Day.
- The municipal office closes at 12 p.m. on Dec. 24 and will reopen on Jan. 4 at 8:30 a.m.
- All recreation programs are cancelled from Dec. 24 until Jan. 4.
- No garbage/recycling pickup on Christmas Day. It will be picked up on Saturday (Dec. 26).
- Disposal sites: Williamsburg is closed Boxing Day, Matilda is closed Dec. 25-26.
- The municipal office is closed from 12 p.m. Dec. 24 until Jan. 4 at 8:30 a.m.
- Garbage and recycling pickup normally on Dec. 25 (Friday) will be picked up Dec. 24.
- The Boyne Road landfill is closed Christmas Day and Monday Dec. 28 in observance of Boxing Day.
- The North Stormont municipal office closes at 12 p.m. on Dec. 24 and will reopen on Jan. 4.
- The township office is closed at 12 p.m. Dec. 24 and will reopen at 8 a.m. on Jan. 4.
- Garbage and recycling collection, normally done on Friday (Christmas Day) are moved a day earlier to Dec. 24. All other pickups are unchanged.
- The municipal office will close at 12 p.m. on Dec. 24 and will reopen at 8:30 a.m. on Jan 4.
- Garbage and recycling collection will not be affected by Christmas and Boxing Day holidays. Makre sure your trash and recycling is out by 6 a.m.
- The Char-Lan Recreation Center has a number of public skating and pickup hockey games over the holidays. Check the website for times and dates.
- For emergencies during the holidays, contact the following: Water/Waste Water Emergency 613-551-4457, Township Roads Emergency 613-930-3445, County Roads Emergency 613-930-3578.
- The county municipal office on Pitt Street in Cornwall will close Dec. 24 at 12 p.m. until Monday Jan. 4, 2016 at 8:30 a.m. Essential services continue uninterrupted.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas from all of us at Cornwall Newswatch.