SD&G – Make sure you get all the Thanksgiving trimmings before Monday because there are a number of closures on Thanksgiving Monday. Many banks, government offices and retail offices will be closed. Here’s a list of other services affected:
Government and Retail
- The City of Cornwall, United Counties of SD&G, township and municipal offices will be closed. All offices reopen Tuesday morning.
- Cornwall Square is closed Monday
- LCBO outlets in Cornwall and SD&G are closed Monday. The Maxville location is also closed Sunday
- All Beer Store locations in Cornwall, Morrisburg and Alexandria are closed Monday
- Most retail stores will be closed Monday
Garbage & Recycling
- In Cornwall, there is no garbage or recycling pickup on Monday. Your pickup day will be delayed by a day next week
- In South Stormont, there is no change to garbage and recycling pickup
- In North Dundas, there is no change to roadside garbage collection. However, the Boyne Road landfill site is closed
- In North Stormont, there is no change to garbage and recycling collection
- In South Glengarry, your garbage or recycling won’t be picked up on Monday. The collection will be delayed a day
- Cornwall Transit is not running
- In Cornwall, the Benson Center will be open Monday for regular programming. The Civic Complex offices are closed but the building is open for runners and walkers. The Aquatic Center will be open from 1-1:55 pm and 2-3:25 p.m. for leisure swims only.
- In North Dundas, the Winchester and Chesterville arenas are closed. All fitness programs are not running
- In South Dundas, all recreation programs Friday and Monday at the South Dundas Municipal Center are cancelled due to the advance polling stations.
- The Cornwall Public Library will be closed
- SD&G County Library branches will be closed
Have a Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Cornwall Newswatch.