CORNWALL – A shuffle at the city will mean some managers will be picking up other duties, some will be moving offices and the city won’t be filling one position.
Parks and Recreation General Manager Stephen Alexander recently retired from the city.
Alexander was being paid $153,187 last year, according to the province’s Public Salary Disclosure.
Instead of filling Alexander’s position, those duties will be picked up by Economic Development Manager Mark Boileau.
The move is purported to save about $100,000.
A Shared Services department is being created, which will manage everything shared with the United Counties of SD&G. It will be overseen my current EMS manager Myles Cassidy.
Moving from the economic development department will be Public Information Coordinator Kevin Lajoie, who will take up residence at the CAO’s office at 360 Pitt Street.
That will mean the following people will report to CAO Norm Levac:
- Maureen Adams – General Manager, Financial Services
- John St. Marseille, General Manager, Infrastructure and Municipal Works
- Mark Boileau – General Manager, Planning, Parks and Recreation
- Myles Cassidy, General Manager, Shared Services
- Helen Finn – City Clerk
- Pierre Voisine – Chief, Fire Services
- Geoff Clarke – Director, Human Resources
- Kevin Lajoie – Public Information Coordinator
Levac believes it will create a more efficient reporting structure and help corporate communications.
The changes take effect immediately and should be complete by Sept. 1.