CORNWALL – A spectacle at Dairy Queen Saturday night was likely caused by a couple of young pranksters.
Emergency crews were called to the ice cream eatery at 1307 Pitt Street just before 9 p.m. for what police termed an “unusual” case.
There were no injuries by many people shared tales on Facebook of feeling ill and suffering from uncontrollable coughing.
“There was no smell… Just irritated our throats and caused coughing fits. My daughter coughed so hard she went outside and vomited. No burning of the eyes or nose, it definitely was not pepper spray. As soon as we stepped outside it was easier to breathe,” Suzanne Sauve wrote on the Cornwall Newswatch Facebook page.
Dairy Queen owner Nolan Quinn tells The Seaway News a couple of boys could be seen on security camera coming up to the restaurant door and may have fired something inside before running off.
Quinn has also ruled out ammonia or natural gas – they called emergency services because they didn’t know what was affecting customers.