CORNWALL – It didn’t turn out to be much of a Good Friday for residents in an east-end set of apartments.
They were evacuated around 4 p.m. this afternoon after a dryer caught fire in a building in the 100 block of Anthony Street.
The residents, along with their pets, were able to make it out safely and there are no reported injuries.
Four fire trucks were on the scene and firefighters had air out the multi-residential building.
The extent of any damage inside is not known.
Firefighters wrapped up at the scene just after 5 p.m.