CORNWALL – Cornwall community agencies will be lining up Friday to plea their case to the Cornwall budget committee for city tax dollars.
There are nine so-called “outside agencies” scheduled to make presentations:
- SD&G Historical Society
- Centre Culturel de Cornwall
- Centre Charles-Emile Claude
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Parade of Nations for the Developmentally Challenged
- Cornwall Seaway Lions Club Ribfest
- Counselling and Support Services of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry
- Terry Muir on behalf of Cornwall Lift-Off/Santa Claus Parade/Kinsmen in Motion
- Cornwall Triathlon
Some of the groups are making a formal request for city services (called in-kind services), which have already been incorporated into city departmental budgets.
Others are asking for money; there’s a dozen groups asking for $719,437.
Last year, the city gave $528,500 to nine outside agencies.
This year’s ask for public dollars is 36 per cent more than was given out in 2014.