SD&G – With the start of 2015 there will be a number of closures and schedule changes to contend with in Cornwall and SD&G this week. Here’s a list of closures:
- Post offices are closed Jan. 1 and there will no mail delivery.
- Banks and government offices are closed.
- Retail stores are closed New Year’s Day
- LCBO and Beer Stores will close at 6 p.m. New Year’s Eve and will be closed New Year’s Day.
- City offices have been closed since Dec. 24 and will reopen Jan. 5. For municipal works matters, call 613-932-5354.
- No garbage or recycling collection on Jan. 1. Garbage normally collected on Thursday will be collected on Friday and Friday collection is on Saturday.
- Cornwall Transit wraps up with the last bus at 6:15 p.m. on Dec. 31. There is no service on Jan. 1. The transit office is closed Jan. 1.
- The Aquatic Center closes at 12 p.m. on Dec. 31 and is closed Jan. 1.
- The Benson Center and the Civic Complex are closed at 12 p.m. on Dec. 31 and all day Jan. 1.
- The Cornwall Public Library is closed Jan. 1.
- Cornwall Square is open 9:30 a.m to 5 p.m. on Dec. 31 and will be closed New Year’s Day.
- Christmas trees will be collected Jan. 5-16.
- The town hall is closed until 8:30 a.m. on Jan. 2
- No recycling and garbage pickup on Jan. 1. Garbage normally collected on Thursday will be picked up Friday and Friday’s garbage will be picked up Saturday.
- Landfill site hours on Friday and Saturday will be 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (no change).
- Christmas trees will be collected Jan. 5-9 and Jan. 12-16.
- The municipal office is closed until Jan. 2 at 8:30 a.m.
- No garbage/recycling pickup on New Year’s Day. Thursday’s pickup will be on Friday and Friday’s pickup will be on Saturday.
- Disposal sites are closed New Year’s Day.
- Christmas trees must be disposed of at the disposal sites.
- The municipal office is closed until Jan. 5 at 8:30 a.m.
- The Boyne Road landfill is closed New Year’s Day.
- The North Stormont municipal office are closed until Jan. 5.
- Your garbage and recycling pickup will be the day before your normal pickup day, if your garbage/recycling is usually picked up on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Friday pickup is unchanged.
- The township office is closed until 8 a.m. on Jan. 2.
- Garbage and recycling collection, normally done on a Thursday (New Year’s Day) will be moved to Friday. All other pickups are unchanged.
- The municipal office is closed until 8:30 a.m. on Jan 5.
- Garbage and recycling normally picked up on Thursday will be picked up on Friday Jan. 2.
- Christmas tree collection will happen from Jan. 5-23.
- The Char-Lan Recreation Center has public skating on Jan. 2 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- For emergencies during the holidays, contact the following: Water/Waste Water Emergency 613-551-4457, Township Roads Emergency 613-930-3445, County Roads Emergency 613-930-3578.
Wishing you health, wealth and happiness in 2015 from all of us at Cornwall Newswatch.