CORNWALL – A half-dozen Cornwall organizations will be advanced money for their 2015 operating expenses even before the budget is penned.
Staff is recommending city council on Monday authorize the corporation to advance the monthly transfer payments starting in January.
The monthly amounts would go to the following organizations until the budget is approved (based on their yearly grant in 2014):
- Cornwall Public Library $166,946
- Eastern Ontario Health Unit $58,154
- Raisin Region Conservation Authority $38,610
- Cornwall and Seaway Valley Tourism $15,095
- SD&G Historical Society $9,322
- The Art Gallery (TAG) $4,582
While a number of organizations have lined up in the past for their share at roughly $500,000 in grants, the organizations above rely on funding for their operating costs.