CORNWALL – A duplex in the city was boarded up Tuesday after fire ripped through the structure on First Street East.
City first responders were called to the home at 416-418 First Street East on Sunday, a half block west of Marlborough Street.
The flames were so intense, the vinyl siding on the home next door melted, causing external damage to the neighbouring building.
There were no reported injuries.
A section around the back of the home was cordoned off with metal fencing Tuesday morning.
The windows in one unit were boarded up and the front doors of both sides of the duplex were also covered in plywood, suggesting the tenants have been displaced until repairs can be completed.
Attempts to reach the Cornwall Fire Department for additional information were unsuccessful.