Editor’s note: A gallery of photos is included at the bottom of this story.
CORNWALL – While people in southwestern Ontario were dealing with snow, Mother Nature cooperated in Cornwall for the latest edition of the Santa Claus Parade.
A clear night, light wind and eight degrees Celsius greeted hundreds of people, who lined Second Street around 5 p.m. for the start of the parade.
The festive affair lasted about two-and-a-half hours.
The city said there were over 55 entries this year. These are the winners in the various divisions.
- Best business: Lowes
- Best service club: Glendalers Winter Sports Club
- Best small float: Mrs. Claus
- Best dance group: Ecole de danse Powell School of Dance Inc.
- Best school: Longue Sault Public School
- Best local band: Nativity Guard
- Best visiting band: Royal West Academy
- Best equestrian: Donna Wilson and Bernie McPhail
- Best Fitness group: Zumba with Jasmine
Once the parade was finished, the work wasn’t done.
A half dozen workers from Cornwall’s parks and landscape division cleaned up litter from along Second Street – the worst area was around Glengarry Boulevard.
The department had put out 100 trash bins along the parade route for people to get rid of their refuse.
Click on an image below to open a gallery of photographs from the parade.
Thumbs Up(14)Thumbs Down(3)