Dryer fire in apartment building

A fire truck sits on Anthony Street on April 3, 2015 after a dryer fire in a set of apartments. There are no reported injuries. (Photo/Danielle MacNeil)

CORNWALL – It didn’t turn out to be much of a Good Friday for residents in an east-end set of apartments.

They were evacuated around 4 p.m. this afternoon after a dryer caught fire in a building in the 100 block of Anthony Street.

The residents, along with their pets, were able to make it out safely and there are no reported injuries.

Nearby residents line Anthony Street as firefighters air out a multi-residential building where a dryer fire happened on April 3, 2015. There were no reported injuries. (Photo/Danielle MacNeil)
Nearby residents line Anthony Street as firefighters air out a multi-residential building where a dryer fire happened on April 3, 2015. There were no reported injuries. (Photo/Danielle MacNeil)

Four fire trucks were on the scene and firefighters had air out the multi-residential building.

The extent of any damage inside is not known.

Firefighters wrapped up at the scene just after 5 p.m.

Thumbs Up(6)Thumbs Down(0)