SD&G – With the Christmas holidays upon us you’ll find many services will be shut down over Christmas and Boxing Day. Here’s a list of closures:
- Post offices will be closed on Thursday Dec. 25 and Friday Dec. 26 and there will no mail delivery.
- Banks and government offices are closed Dec. 25 and 26.
- Retail stores are closed Dec. 25 (under the Retail Business Holidays Act) with the exception of gas stations, small magazine stores and small pharmacies (less than 7,500 square feet).
- LCBO stores will close at 6 p.m. Dec. 24 and will be closed Christmas Day.
- The Beer Store locations will close at 6 p.m. Dec. 24 and will be closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- City offices are closed from Dec. 24 at 12 p.m. until Jan. 5. For municipal works matters, call 613-932-5354.
- No garbage or recycling collection on Dec. 25. Garbage normally collected on Thursday will be collected on Friday and Friday collection is on Saturday.
- Cornwall Transit is not running Dec. 25 and 26.
- The Aquatic Center closes at 12 p.m. on Dec. 24 and is closed Dec. 25. It will be open Dec. 26 at 2 p.m. for a leisure swim.
- The Benson Center and the Civic Complex are closed at 12 p.m. on Dec. 24 and all day Dec. 25. The Civic Complex box office is closed Dec. 24 to Jan. 5. with the exception of two hours prior to hockey games.
- The Cornwall Public Library is closed Dec. 24-26.
- Cornwall Square closes at 5 p.m. on Dec. 24 until 9:30 a.m. on Dec. 26.
- The town hall is closed from 12 p.m. Dec. 24 until 8:30 a.m. on Jan. 2
- No recycling and garbage pickup on Dec. 25. Garbage normally collected on Thursday will be picked up Friday and Friday’s garbage will be picked up Saturday.
- Landfill site hours on Friday and Saturday will be 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (no change).
- Free public skating is at the Long Sault Arena from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Dec 24.
- The municipal office closes at 12 p.m. on Dec. 24 and will reopen on Jan. 2 at 8:30 a.m.
- No garbage/recycling pickup on Christmas Day. Thursday’s pickup will be on Friday and Friday’s pickup will be on Saturday.
- Disposal sites are closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- There’s free holiday skating at the Morrisburg Arena from 11 a.m. until 12 p.m. on Dec. 24 and 6 p.m. until 7 p.m. on Dec. 27.
- The municipal office is closed from 12 p.m. Dec. 24 until Jan. 5 at 8:30 a.m.
- Garbage and recycling pickup for Chesterville and East Winchester, normally picked up on Thursday (Christmas Day) was picked up on Dec. 22. All other routes are unchanged.
- The Boyne Road landfill is closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- The North Stormont municipal office closes at 12 p.m. on Dec. 24 and will reopen on Jan. 5.
- The township office is closed at 12 p.m. Dec. 24 and will reopen at 8 a.m. on Jan. 2.
- Garbage and recycling collection, normally done on a Thursday (Christmas Day) will be moved to Friday Dec. 26 (Boxing Day). All other pickups are unchanged.
- The municipal office will close at 12 p.m. on Dec. 24 and will reopen at 8:30 a.m. on Jan 5.
- Garbage and recycling normally picked up on Thursday (Christmas Day) will be picked up on Dec. 27. Pickups on Christmas Eve Day (Dec. 24) may be a little earlier than normal, but not before 6 a.m.
- The Char-Lan Recreation Center has a number of public skating and pickup hockey games over the holidays. Check the website for times and dates.
- For emergencies during the holidays, contact the following: Water/Waste Water Emergency 613-551-4457, Township Roads Emergency 613-930-3445, County Roads Emergency 613-930-3578.
From all of us at Cornwall Newswatch, have a Merry Christmas and a safe and happy holiday.