BROCKVILLE – Cornwall’s public school board trustee is back as second vice chairman of the Upper Canada District School Board of Trustees.
He joins Jeff McMillan and Caroll Carkner, who were also acclaimed as chairman and first vice chairman at Wednesday night’s inaugural meeting.
McMillan says it’s an honour to earn the role uncontested.
“I think it shows a lot of confidence and support for myself and the 1st and 2nd vice chairs. This is the kind of support we need in order to move forward to the challenges that face us.”
Those include hiring a new director of education, after former director David Thomas abruptly retired, improving standardized testing results and creating programming for a declining enrollment.
Here is the makeup of the 2014-2018 board of trustees and the areas they represent:
- Caroll Carkner – Alfred-Plantagenet, Casselman, Champlain, Clarence-Rockland, East Hawkesbury, Hawkesbury, Russell, The Nation Municipality(Ward 10)
- Wendy MacPherson- North and South Glengarry, North and South Stormont (Ward 9)
- David McDonald – Cornwall (Ward 8)
- Jeremy Armer – North and South Dundas (Ward 7)
- Lisa Swan – Edwardsburg-Cardinal, North Grenville, Prescott (Ward 6)
- Jeff McMillan – Augusta, Brockville (Ward 5)
- John McAllister – Athens, Elizabethtown-Kitley, Front of Yonge, Gananoque, Leeds and The Thousand Islands (Ward 4)
- Susan Richards – Merrickville-Wolford, Rideau Lakes, Smiths Falls, Westport (Ward 3)
- Bill MacPherson – Drummond/North Elmsley, Lanark Highlands, Montague, Perth, Tay Valley (Ward 2)
- Donald Cram – Beckwith, Carleton Place, Mississippi Mills (Ward 1)
- Peter Garrow – First Nations Representative, Akwesasne